Diode laser eliminates unwanted hair by emitting beam of light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair i.e melanin. The energy of the laser is concentrated in the hair shaft, effectively destroying it without affecting the surrounding skin. Diode laser is the most effective of all laser wavelengths for hair reduction.Diode laser can remove hair from all parts of the body including the face, neck, arms, underarms, abdomen, back and legs. Diode laser can also treat sensitive areas like chest and bikini lines.
A diode laser uses semiconductor technology that produces coherent projection of light in the visible to infrared range. It uses a light beam with a narrow spectrum to target specific chromophores in the skin. Compared to other laser systems such as the Ruby and Alexandrite, the 800nm diode laser wavelength offers the deepest penetration levels and superior melanin absorption. These unique characteristics make the diode laser the most suitable technology for laser hair removal, enabling safe and effective treatment of all skin and hair types, in all body areas.
There may be some adverse pigment effects, but these are transient. The Diode laser is the best overall laser for all six skin types based on long term use and safety and is especially effective in people with skin types 1 to 4.
How Does A Diode Laser Work?
Diode lasers use the principle of selective photothermolysis (abbreviated SPTL) to target specific chromophores in the skin, usually melanin or blood. The lasers damage the chromophores by selectively heating them while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed. When treating unwanted hair, for example, the melanin in the hair follicles is targeted and damaged which results in the disruption of hair growth and regeneration. A diode laser can be complemented by cooling technology, or other pain reducing methods which improve treatment efficacy and patient comfort.
- Laser energy is selectively absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicle and converted to heat, diffusing to and injuring stem cells in bulb and bulge.
- Most hair is permanently removed.
- Hair that does regrow is finer and lighter than before.
Advantages of Diode laser
- The Diode laser features a longer wavelength and thus able to provide better results among dark-skinned people.
- This laser provides safer and deeper penetration into the skin layer.
- Large areas of the body tend to recover faster.
- Rotatable 10 inch color touch screen makes convenient operation.
- Combined with Bi-polar RF, enhancing much better results.
- High level generator ensures powerful energy and longer working time.
- Fast treatment: adopt specific wavelength 808 mm. Each pulse reaches deeper skin.
- The speed of large area hair removal significantly increases;
- Area cooled before, during and after.
- Fluence carefully selected and increased to levels short of epidermal injury.
- Immediate effect- vapourisation of the hair shaft.
- Later – perifollicular erythema and edema.
Diode Laser FAQ’s
- Before the laser treatment, you should avoid waxing and plucking of hairs for 2 weeks.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure -Undue tanning should be avoided. This is to avoid damage to the overlying skin as the tanned skin will also absorb the laser light.
- Shave the hairs short on the day of laser treatment.
- Consume the medications prescribed by your doctor. Bleaching agents may be used for some patients with very dark skin.
- The LD lasts for approximately 50,000 hours at 40°C with failure rate of 10%.
- It lasts for approximately 100,000 hours at normal temperature (Approx. 25°C).
After treatment the skin will look a bit pink and may even seem sunburned. Some red bumps may also appear near the site of the hair follicle. These will go away after some time and are a sign that the particular area has been treated by the laser. There is no need to worry when you see these signs because they are normal.
Yes, laser diodes are linearly polarized. Diodes are polarized parallel to the short axis for an elliptical beam. However, the polarization ratio is difficult to specify since it varies with the type of diode. For example, a typical 5mW diode can have a ratio of 400:1 or 500:1 at an NA of 0.4 and a temperature of 25°C. In general, as the optical output power increases, the ratio increases.
Compared to waxing, hair reduction is permanent, less painful and nearly as fast. Hair is also not required to grow out before treatment. Compared to electrolysis, it is significantly less painful, significantly faster, not technique dependent, and far more cost effective. Compared to other Laser hair removal systems, it is much less painful, is safe for any skin type, and provides similar or better effectiveness.
Laser hair removal is a procedure which removes hair from the body utilizing a long pulse laser. Laser hair removal lasers have been in use since 1997. The treatment is performed by a specially-trained laser specialist or a doctor (depending on the clinic and state regulations) by pointing the laser device at shaved skin. Laser heat disables follicles from producing hair.
Hair grows in cycles. Since various hairs will enter their growth cycle at different times, about 6-8 treatments at intervals of 8-12 weeks are necessary to disable most of the follicles in a given area.